1. If you plan to be out of town between 6 a.m. and 8 p.m. on August 14, 2018 or cannot vote due to illness or disability, then you may vote by absentee ballot.
a. You may obtain an application from the Registrars of Voters or the Town Clerk at Town Hall. After July 24, you may vote absentee in person at the Town Clerk’s Office.
b. Applications may also be printed from www.darienct.gov/. A link to “Absentee Ballot Applications” may be found at the Registrars of Voters webpage under “Departments and Services.”
i. NOTE: If you do not have legal size paper, click “Fit to Page” before printing.
2. Fill out and return the application by mail or in person to:
Town Clerk’s Office
Darien Town Hall
2 Renshaw Road
Darien CT 06820
3. Absentee Ballots will be mailed starting July 24, 2018 and completed ballots must be received by the Town Clerk on or before August 14, 2018. PLEASE MAKE YOUR REQUEST SOON to allow sufficient time for processing your application and mailing your ballot to and from your address.
4. More information about voting absentee is available at the Connecticut Secretary of the State’s website under “Elections and Voting” at www.sots.ct.gov/.
5. To learn more about Darien’s Democrats, visit dariendemocrats.com/.