The Purposes of the Democratic Town Committee are to:
- elect Democrats to office
- encourage qualified Democrats to run for and serve in elected office
- organize and direct general election campaigns
- recommend Democrats for appointive offices
- encourage voters to register as Democrats
- educate the public on relevant issues
- study and influence local, state and federal legislation of concern to Darien
- sponsor and encourage constructive Democratic Party activities
- raise funds in support of these purposes.
The Darien Democratic Town Committee (DTC) is the Democratic Party organization in the Town of Darien. We are responsible to the Democratic State Central Committee and state and Federal Election Laws.
The DTC is governed by Rules adopted by the DTC. Our Rules are filed with the Secretary of the State, the Democratic State Central Committee and Darien’s Town Clerk. The DTC consists of 25 members who serve two-year terms.
The Darien Democratic Town Committee is a team, dependent upon the participation of all of its members. Trust, shared responsibilities and good communication are essential. There are numerous opportunities for DTC members to participate in local, state, and national political activities.
The DTC usually meets regularly on the second Thursday of every month, at 8 p.m. in the Town Hall. Meetings are open to all registered Democrats. Details of the dates and times for monthly meetings are posted on this website.
If you are interested in working with the Darien Democrats and/or wish to learn more about us, please don’t hesitate to come to a DTC meeting, join our email list, or send us an email.